Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Best Birthday EVER!

It was a great day! My friend Martha called as I was getting ready in the morning to wish me a Happy Birthday. She said there was a special surprise for me on my door step. I opened the door and there she was with monkey bread and a present. She is great! I opened the present and guess what it was... the Superman sheets for my bed!!! Too funny. I immediately opened the package and put them in the washing machine so they would be ready for use that night!! I LOVE the pillow case. Look at it. Yowza! And it all matches the other superman pillowase nicely! Then I went to school. A teacher aid that helps with one of my classes came in during my first period and gave me a card and a flower. The kids then all asked if it was my birthday... and were upset I didn't tell them. 2 of my classes sang to me and a few students made me a quick card during class. Too cute. During third period I usually attend a team meeting. One of the other teachers on our team was having a birthday on Saturday. They had a fabulous brunch for us with yummy food and the wonderful princess balloon! The balloon on the bottom has a mirror and in it, it says "You are the fairest of them all!" And above it reads "Happy Birthday Princess!" Too cute. Although as it sits in my room, I have woken up the last few mornings thinking it is a person standing in my room. A little creepy! My friend Sarah from school gave me an awesome "Teens Cook" cook book that I can't wait to try and some yummy smelling Bath & Body Works soap. My friend Martha made me dinner- yummy Enchiladas. We then returned to my apartment as my roommate wanted to watch a movie and have cake with us... well I noticed a friends car in the parking lot and then saw someone peeking through the curtains of a window. I was a little hesitant knowing there were a few people hiding. Everyone jumped out and yelled SURPRISE! It was lots of fun! Mostly people from our FHE group (we have the best group EVER!) and some other ward friends. We ate Ice Cream Cake (yummy) and played Apples to Apples and Catchphrase- so fun! It was a great end to a great day! Oh yeah... and I decided to splurge and buy myself a little something... all 5 seasons of Gilmore Girls! They were on sale at Target and I had been thinking about it for awhile. So my birthday seemed like the perfect excuse! Now the problem is... I have to watch them all! And remember where all the cute Luke and Lorelai parts are! LOVE it!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

ooohhh- I so want those Gilmore Girls shows! so happy that you had a great day! so much fun.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to bring the shows hone so I can be in the fun too. Love the sheets!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I have already just wasted the last 2 months watching all 5 seasons of the gilmore girls....Love ya
Jill

Kristi said...

Time spent watching Gilmore Girls is never time wasted! silly girl!