Sunday, April 9, 2006

I am pathetic...

because I never go anywhere new!! What is wrong with me. I have spring break this week and I am going 2 places I have been before when there are like a million others that I want to go to! I am leaving today for NYC... again! I am just going to go for a few days to visit my friend Rachel again. I want to do and see the things I didn't last time so I guess that will be an adventure. I am hoping to take in a Broadway show!!! But I am going to do it the adventurous way!!! I will buy my ticket the day of when it is cheaper! Wow, I am an animal! Let's hope I can get into something good. I would really like to see Mama Mia or Wicked. I did something CRAZY this week though... I bought a digital camera! Yowzers!! Hence the lack of pictures on this blog! My last trip to NYC proved to me I needed to take the plunge (something I wanted to do for a long time but buying technology scares me because 2 days later it is out of date!) My last pictures were HORRIBLE so this time, they will be FABULOUS!! (I hope). After NYC I am heading to visit my Aunt in Ottawa. It will be nice to see her because she LOVES me. Rumor is that I am the favorite. HA HA! I have only been there twice before so this will be fun. I told some of my students that I was going to Ottawa for spring break and none of them knew what it is (the capital of Canada). One of them even asked me if it was a WATERPARK!!! Sad but true! So I decided I need to have a Canada appreciation day! Maybe on June 1st (one month before Canada Day). I am not sure what to do but I want to buy some fun Canadian food. But I will have to buy enough for 115 teenagers. The border people are going to think I am a freak with my backseat full of Ketchup chips. Don't worry- I'll take a picture. Ha ha! (I want to post a picture with my new camera but I don't have anything to take a picture of... me in my pajamas! ha ha! so I will make up for it by posting tons when I return!!) Happy Easter. Go buy some Mini Eggs. They are the best!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Have fun Shelley!!! I loved NYC so much...I don't think you can ever go there enough. And if you're lucky enough to get a ticket to wicked...it's amazing! Loved it!
p.s. Have fun with the new camera!

Kim said...

Have fun Shelley!!! I loved NYC so much...I don't think you can ever go there enough. And if you're lucky enough to get a ticket to wicked...it's amazing! Loved it!
p.s. Have fun with the new camera!

Kim said...

sorry don't know how that happened! I refreshed my screen and it posted twice!

Anonymous said...

You are not pathetic! Sheesh, there is so much to see in NYC that you probly can't see it all in a few trips! I hope you have a great spring break, and I can't wait to see the pictures when you get back!
~Mikaela