Thursday, March 29, 2007
So become a middle school teacher today!!
p.s. My friend who teaches in Vegas has had a few real lock downs and has learned from experience that it would be wise to buy some bottled water to keep on hand. So i think I might do that, with a few snacks. I was trying to think about an activity we could do while locked in there... like Yahtzee. Just joking. But we were just in there for maybe 10 minutes and it felt like FOREVER so I can't imagine what a couple of hours would be like. Any suggestions for silent games? Staring contests? Ha ha!
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Saturday, March 17, 2007
It doesn't look very good in the picture- I had to add some tacky stuff at the end. But there is a little handle for her to even hold on to. Funny!
p.s. It was me that got the speeding ticket, and I don't expect my "friend" to help pay for it- although it was AT the airport that I got the ticket. But I guess a ticket just adds to the fact that she should pay some for the gas. And still hasn't made any mention of it. In fact she made me drive her to the temple this morning for our Relief Society Birthday celebration. I wanted to go to IKEA after, but SHE didn't have time. I am getting a little tired of her "friendship"...
Monday, March 12, 2007
2) On Saturday I saw a lady walking her dog... in a stroller. Yep! The dog was in a stroller and she was pushing it like it was perfectly normal. I wanted to take a picture sooo bad but couldn't figure out how to do it all casual like.
3) I forgot to take a before picture of my room. It is still a mess- hopefully by the end of this week I won't have to dig through 5 boxes to find what I need.
4) I visited the ER last week- they took me away in an Ambulance- from school. Apparently I was quite the talk of the school. ha ha. I have been getting REALLY bad nose bleeds the last three weeks and on Thursday I got a whopper. It wouldn't stop so the school nurse said I needed to go to the hospital. They say to go to the hospital if it doesn't stop bleeding after 10 minutes... but they don't do anything to help you there other than have you pinch your nose. Thanks but I can do that at home, for free. I went to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor after the hospital and he cauterized my nose. THAT was quite the experience. I have never had so many things shoved up my nose before. And hope to never again.
5) I am making a student wash over 100 lids from Lays chip containers for me right now. Cruel? Maybe. But he was tardy 3 times which equals a detention and it is challenging to think of an hour of boring things for him to do. Any suggestions for future detentioners?
6) It is supposed to be 70 degrees (aka 20 celsius) outside today and I am trapped inside. It is so hard being a teacher.
7) When should you help pay for gas when driven somewhere? Let's say you drove a friend to the airport that was OVER an hour away and then picked her up again the next day... should you give her (or him) some money? And what if that person got a speeding ticket? Should you contribute to that as well? Just wondering.
Friday, March 2, 2007
The bathroom still hasn't been cleaned... nasty. Only one more shower to go. Yuck. I seriously don't get it. How can people not care?
I will try to take before and after pictures of my new room. The afters might take awhile. It is going to be a struggle as I am downsizing MAJORLY on closet space. I have hung up 2 shoe and a shelf hangy thing from IKEA in my new closet and it is half full. Old closet- they maybe took up a 10th. Sad. Oh well. Happy for everything else. Better get to bed as my bed needs to be ready to move at 10 am.