Friday, March 27, 2009

Peanut Butter & Chocolate


I received my latest copy of Kraft's What Cooking and immediately had to check out the tasty recipes. This one caught my eye. Peanut Butter & Chocolate. A delightful combination. Usually.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Babies

1 package (450 g) brownie mix
3/4 of 250-g (8 ounces) Brick Cream Cheese- softened
1/4 cup smooth Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup thawed Cool Whip
12 maraschino cherries

Heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package. Spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar with mixer until blended. Spoon 1 rounded Tablespoon into centre of batter in each cup, pressing down slightly into batter.
Bake 25 minutes or until centres are set. Cool.

Serve topped with Cool Whip and cherries.

The ones I made look nothing like their picture- of course. Even without the toppings. Why is that?

So this wasn't my favorite recipe. But there could be several reasons for that.
like:
1) I used light cream cheese. Which doesn't usually make a difference but I tasted a little of the mixture and it wasn't very tasty.
2) I forgot to put sugar in the peanut butter mixture. So I just sprinkled some on top before baking. Could be why the mixture wasn't tasty.
3) The brownie mix I used was smaller than what the recipe called for... so it only made 9.
It was also a generic mix. Which I normally don't like. But my Mom had previously bought some. I guess you have to lower your standards a little when you live with your parents. Ha!

4) I also didn't do the whipped cream and cherry on top. But we did eat them with ice cream which makes anything taste better!

So if you give this recipe a try, let me know. I am sure yours will be tastier!

No comments: