Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two Lips

A couple weeks ago I found a lip shaped cake pan at a local thrift store for only $3.99. I was soo excited. And couldn't wait to use it.
My niece and nephew were having a cake walk at their school so I agreed to bake some cakes for it. And being the day before Valentine's Day, I knew exactly what I was going to make.
Two Lips!
The first one was a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. I just realized that the dividing line is totally wrong- that it should go down in the middle. ha!

Second one was a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.
I thought brown lips might look a little weird- so I covered it with a gazillion pink sugar sprinkles. It was hard to give them away.
I just hope they tasted as delightful as I imagined they might.
But there are plans to make another one for the
February birthdays in my family.
mmmm....

Happy Valentine's Day.
Hope you had a fun day. I worked at one job from 7am to 11am.
And another from 4pm to 9pm.
With a nap, a shower and a workout in between.
I did make heart shaped muffins to share with my morning co-workers, but forgot to take a picture. Oops.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

they look delightful. I like the one with the sugar on the lips. haha.
can't wait to have my own piece!

Kim said...

hey sugar lips..."remember that time you were eating a donut and got sugar all over your lips?" haha!!! The cakes looks soooo yummy!!! You are way too creative :)

Andrea said...

yum. Can't wait!!
That's awesome.