Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cookies for Breakfast??!!

yup. That is right. Cookies for Breakfast.

I was babysitting my niece & nephews the other night... and while they were sleeping I perused the Disney Magic Kitchen Cookbook they got from the library.



Of course the

Don't Forget Breakfast Cookies caught my eye.





1/2 cup butter-softened

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 eggs

1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (I didn't have WHITE whole wheat flour... so I used 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat and 1/2 cup white flour).

3 cups multigrain cereal flakes with blueberries (I couldn't find just blueberries, but I did find this. And it worked perfectly!)



Beat butter for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda.

Beat until mixed. Add eggs. Add flour and beat until mixed.

Stir in cereal.

Place 1/4 cup of dough on greased cookie sheet. (Or a fabulous Silpat!)

Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

Let sit on pan for 1 minute.

Remove and cool on cooling rack.

Makes 12 cookies (I only got 9??)

Delicious AND Nutritious AND so easy. Well I don't know how nutritous. But they have cereal in them, so they have to be healthy. Right?

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, never heard of or had breakfast cookies, but this might be worth a shot if they're yummy! We have a problem getting breakfast eaten at our house...someone doesn't want to eat it before school, and it's rough!

Andrea said...

sounds delish.
I never ever get as many cookies as they say it makes. I always wonder what size are they making them??
What's a silpat?

Kim said...

They look yummy!! I'm loving your recipes...now I just gotta try making them.