Monday, October 6, 2008

Professional what?

So there I was, sewing an apron to sell at our craft sale when suddenly my machine made a horrible noise and stopped moving. I don't consider myself to be a professional sewing machine repairer- but when you have 130 teenagers jamming machines on a daily basis, you quickly learn how to fix most problems. And for those unfixable jams, we had a fabulous repair guy named Gary. Well. It was Friday night. And my machine. And no Gary.
***
But luckily there was a Terry.
My dad. After I took half of my machine apart twice and couldn't fix the problem, my Dad came to the rescue. We took my machine apart completely (well, the plastic cover). Found the problem. Fixed it. And 2 hours after I first started the repairs, I was sewing like the wind.
***
So there I was, a few days later, sewing again. When my machine made the same horrible noise. But my Dad was at work. So I took the machine apart. Fixed the problem. Put it back together again.
***
So there I was, 2 days later, sewing like the wind. Same noise. Same problem. All alone. Got the screw driver. Took it all apart. And was back to sewing in about 15 minutes.


It wouldn't do this.


And then do this.


So I could do this.

So I did this.

But if it does it again- I may have to throw it out the window. I bought it at a thrift store 7 years ago for $2.99. Is it really worth the hassle?

Have a problem with YOUR sewing machine? Give me a call. And Relax. I'm a professional.

6 comments:

Kim said...

What a bargin on your sewing machine! But...what a pain too. You are a pro cause I would have no idea how to fix it. I wanna see some of the stuff you were selling. Where was the sale? I should have gone :)...cute stuff!! I'm there!

Mikaela said...

You are so funny! I am glad your machine is functioning...hopefully you can trade it in for something new soon! :)

Kristi said...

you can so fix mine. I really want to do some quilting- but my machine is having issues. I knew you would post that picture. you nerd.

Anonymous said...

I do have a problem with my machine and so wish that you lived closer so that you could fix it! It will only sew backwards! Oh well, I might just throw mine out the window!

Chelsey

Andrea said...

You are a professional.
I think you should buy a new one.

Talia said...

I am the worst when my sewing machine jams! I'll be calling you next time!!