I was tagged by Andrea for this Christmas Meme.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I would have to say Hot Chocolate... but only like once a year! I wish I liked Egg Nog though- because everyone loves it and talks about how much they love it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? They are always wrapped... but I am waiting for him to give me a car- and am assuming that won't be wrapped! ha ha!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Right now- neither! My roommate is in charge and she hasn't done anything!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No! We did once at BYU-I. And there is a guy in my ward that has a mistletoe party! Yikes. I made that mistake last year.
5. When do you put your decorations up? If I had any here- I would have started at LEAST 3 weeks ago! I have been listening to Christmas music for about a month now!!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I am going to have to say my Mom's stuffing as well. Just thinking about it makes me drool!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Let's see.... I loved that we got a small box of cereal in our stocking and would eat it for breakfast! And open our stockings on Mom and Dad's bed! And even though it was totally awkward standing there listening to them sing (especially if you were the only one home)- I LOVED when the Dahl's came caroling and sang "Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains."
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was trying to remember... I am sure my sisters ruined it for me. They ruin everything good. ha ha!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It used to be pajamas... maybe I will have to start buying myself pajamas to open.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I actually haven't decorated one in a REALLY long time since I am never home in time to do it and my roommates and I never do it. My roommate set up our tree last year but didn't want to decorate it (I still don't understand...) so I am going to ask her this year if I can decorate it... so I need to come up with something cheap and easy. My mission was probably the last time I decorated a tree- the Relief Society in my last area asked my companion and I to decorate a tree for the RS room. It was SOOO cute. We cut out doves, hearts and stars from construction paper and wrote on them- respectively- peace, love and joy! And added raffia for a little touch of class. Ha ha! Long story for a short question. Sorry!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! And wish we had it! I am watching the news right now and they are talking about snow everywhere but here! Sheesh! I think part of the reason I really want it is for a snow day- you talk about snow here and EVERYTHING shuts down! Plus it just isn't Christmas without snow! Good thing I will be home in 19 days! Yippee!
12. Can you ice skate? I think so... it has been FOREVER since I last tried so I don't know if I still can!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember I got a teddy bear that had a radio in it! That was the coolest thing EVER! I LOVE every gift I get!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spreading Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for all to hear! LOL! Name that movie... Seriously though- I love spreading Christmas cheer- not by singing though- and being with my fam!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? So many choices... I don't know if this is really a dessert but I LOVE the caramel popcorn my Mom makes. I have been craving it for 11 months now!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We only have a few traditions- and I like them all- pizza on Christmas Eve, open stockings before breakfast, tea ring for Breakfast, open presents one by one! Delivering popcorn (mentioned above) to different families. I would like to start the tradition of doing the 12 Days for Christmas- but I am never in the same place for the 12 days before Christmas... one day!
17. What tops your tree? Nothing yet- but if I decorate it, I will post a picture (if I get my camera back!)
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I like giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have ALOT-
* God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen- by the Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLaughlan (& BYUI Men's chorus)
* O Holy Night
* It's the Holiday Season- by Andy Williams
* Ave Maria
* Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains
* Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey- I heard this song last year on the radio and it is HILARIOUS! You need to hear it if you haven't!
* Okay pretty much if it is a Christmas song- I LOVE it... and have been listening to it for a month now!
20. What is your favorite Christmas story? I can't think of anything specific but I LOVE the stories that President Monson tells about Christmas miracles.
Wow! That took a lot longer than I thought! Thanks for reading it all! Umm... I will tag anyone who wants to do it- pretty much Kim and Mikaela are the only other ones who read this that haven't already been tagged!!! Yeah- another reader- Emily Kate is officially tagged too!