Saturday, November 25, 2006

NYC= Food

I'm back from NYC... and NO pictures to share! Why you ask? My camera broke- AGAIN! I am so sad. I think it happened sometime on Wednesday as I hauled my bag around the WHOLE city the WHOLE day! I actually did take 2 pictures at Pommes Frites- this awesome fry shop- but I have no way to get them off!! The fries were great. They fry them right in front of you and you have like 30 sauces to choose from! And you can sample all you want! I went for the dill lemon mayo! Yummy! The parade was fun... even though it was cold, wet and windy! We didn't last long! I was sad when I took out my camera to take a picture of the Super Grover balloon- and that is when I discovered it was broken! A guy in my friends ward is a chef and made Thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of people- SOO good! Yummy! Friday, before heading home we stopped at Rice to Riches- the cutest place. It serves rice pudding and only rice pudding! Also provides samples- as if that helps to make up your mind!! I went for the cookies and cream! So good! They give it to you in a cute dish with a funky spoon! A must try! So as you can tell the highlight of my trip was the food!! But isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Good thing we walked for 2 days straight to burn it all off!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had fun! I always love trying new fun places to eat...and these ones sound super cool.

Andrea said...

yummm. one day i'll go and enjoy the food.

Mikaela said...

Bummer your camera broke! At least having all that great food made the trip better! Man, I wanna go to NYC someday! Would be fun! glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!