Friday, February 12, 2010

Dear Mom & Dad-
Tonight was the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. There is a whole lot of excitement buzzing throughout all of Canada.

All of the excitement made me realize I never shared with you the pictures I took of the Olympic torch. It was pretty exciting having it so close- just down the street. Since I had the day off, I had to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Here it is right before everyone showed up. (It reads Canada welcomes the world).
Here are some fun ladies that got all decked out. Sadly I forgot my maple leaf toque, sweatshirt, facepaint and ribbon at home. The flame is being passed- you can't really see it. The previous "runner" was in a wheel chair. As it passed right in front of me. Look at all the people!! And there it goes.
It was over pretty quick. But so neat. I sure wish I had the means to head to Vancouver to enjoy some events in person. Since I don't I will enjoy them from the comfort of the couch!
Let's go Canada!!
Love-
your proud to be Canadian daughter

No comments: