Monday, April 27, 2009

Vacay #2: Virginia

After being home for 2 1/2 days, I needed another vacation. So I went to Virginia.
I knew it was going to be a good vacation when the guy sitting next to me fell asleep before we even took off. His head went straight for my shoulder and stayed there from Chicago to Virginia. Sorry for the dark picture but I had to cover up the red light and turn off the flash so he wouldn't wake up and see me taking his picture. Second sign that is was going to be a great vacation: I arrived with this bag:
And left with these bags: My 9 year old bag looked like this when I arrived home from Mexico:
and yes, the zipper is zipped. And some airlines make you pay to check bags. So I threw away my bag and did carry-on there. I planned to purchase a new big bag and check it for the trip home. The bags were on sale so I had to buy 2. And boy, am I glad I did. There were so many things I just HAD to buy.
Like fun cereal we don't have in Canada.



and cool crackers

And sprinkles to add to my collection.



But my trip wasn't all about shopping.
We ate delicious food. Like Mac & Cheese, Taco & (way too spicy) Buffalo chicken pizza from CiCi's.
I drove past my favorite cemetery which consists of 2 graves. In the parking lot of a shopping center. I would like to know who those people are. Were they the only 2 buried there? Or were their families the only ones who wouldn't allow them to be moved for Starbucks to be built on their final resting place? Weird.
I saw pretty blossoms. And green grass.




And hung out with my good friend Oscar (at the American History Smithsonian).
For some reason I failed to take pictures of the fabulous friends I saw from Church and School (and the fun things we did). Or the cute family that was gracious enough to let me stay with them for a whole week. And drive me to Sonic and all of the stores I HAD to shop at. How grateful I am for fabulous friends. Although seeing them made it really hard to leave. Thanks for the fun times.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

fun. Love the blossoms.
And weird about the graves.

Darin said...

Don't be fooled. The Banana Nut Cheerios are NOT delicious. They teased me into buying them, and I was less than pleased with my purchase.
And where is that sweet cemetery? I want to see it.