People are always asking me if I like Canada or the States better... It is hard for me to decide because I love them both- in different ways.
Here is the ultimate Canada vs. US food show down...
1) The Real Canadian Superstore. Now THIS is a grocery store. I love it in every possible way. From the workers on rollerblades, the fact that they encourage you to recycle plastic bags, the AWESOME bulk section, to all the stinking food options. NOTHING I have seen in any other place I have lived has anything like this. Oh how I wish they had this store EVERYWHERE!
2) Chocolate Bars- pretty much they rock. Sure I love the basics like Snickers, twix, etc that you can get anywhere- but there is nothing like a Mint Aero, Mr. Big or Wunder Bar. Mmmmm.
3) Real Fruit Gummies- So these have been spotted at Target... but Canada gets the points because they make them and had them first. They are the ultimate gummies and made with REAL fruit.
1) Chipotle- LOVE IT. I have only tried the chicken burrito- but I think that is all that I really need. I am counting down the days until I can eat there again... 5!! Life is burrito-ful!
2) Girl Scout Cookies- Don't get me wrong. I love Girl Guide cookies (the Canadian version) but there are only 2 kinds- vanilla & chocolate. But I am infatuated with Girl Scout cookies. Especially samoas. Holy cow- They are going to have those in Heaven!!
3) Betty Crocker Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Mix- These will also be in Heaven- already made though! So good. and they come with a lemon drizzle. I am drolling just thinking about them.
This is all I can think about right now... but the ultimate challenge will continue. But until then- it's a 3-3 tie. But I have a feeling Canada will come out on top! :)