Friday, July 6, 2007

Crunchy Poppyseed Chicken Salad

I fed the sister missionaries last night and wanted to make something simple, delicious and nutritious. I really liked it. I got this recipe from the free recipe magazine from Kraft. In Canada it is What's Cooking and Food & Family in the U.S. (click on the name to get your copy today) If you aren't getting it- you need to!

It calls for 2 red peppers... I changed my recipe to 1 and actually didn't even put in 1/2. I don't like peppers though- so do as you wish.

Crunchy Poppyseed Chicken Salad

4 cups broccoli slaw

1 large red pepper- thinly sliced (about 1 cup)

4 medium carrots- shredded (about 2 cups)

1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits-drained

6 oz chicken breast- cooked and cut up

1/2 cup Poppyseed dressing

1/4 cup cashews

Combine all ingredients except dressing and cashews in large bowl.

Add dressing. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews before serving.


There is some leftover so I think I will go eat some right now! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a fun blog. I need some new food ideas, so look forward to reading what you have.
Have to try out that salad. Fun!