Friday, August 21, 2009

The fruits (and vegetables) of our labors.

My parents have a pretty amazing garden. And they were kind enough to plant potatos, peas, carrots and beans even though they would be out of the country to partake of the bountiful harvest.
Or help with the weeding or harvesting... hmmm.
how convenient. too convenient.


I spent an hour in the hot sun, battling bugs and thorns and weeds to get these beauties-

Pretty sure it is all going to be worth it when I have a yummy
baked potato and green beans for dinner.
And some raspberries and ice cream for dessert.

Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

yum! I miss having a garden. But not so much the work of it. good work though.
Enjoy your delicious labor.

Amanda Mae said...

Wow, I'm jealous! I love having a garden and enjoying all the yummies that come out of it!