Sunday, September 17, 2006

The mall...

I went to the mall on Friday to return some stuff to Old Navy. I have only been to this mall twice before and both were quick in and out jobs! I couldn't remember what Old Navy was by so I took a guess- and was TOTALLY wrong. I was on the exact opposite side! Oh well. I took a lovely walk through the mall. On my way back to my car, I passed the Yankee Candle store and there was a cell phone on the floor. I kinda stopped, looked at it, looked around trying to figure out what was going on! I didn't see anyone running towards it so I picked it up and went to find a place to turn it in! Luckily there was a directory right there- I found security so I fight my way through the food court and ... there were doors that said "no entry!" Umm... okay. So I walk back to the directory and find information. Of course it was right below where I started so I just took the escaltor down and gave it to the guy. He didn't ask me any questions or thank me or anything. Just took it and went back to playing solitaire or whatever he was doing! When I first picked up the phone I thought- maybe I am on a show like Dateline or 20/20 when they do those studies to find out how honest Americans are!! I love those shows! After dropping off the phone I carried on my way and a girl stopped to ask me where the main entrance was (do malls have main entrances???) I told her I didn't know but I pointed her in the direction of the Information booth! After than I was convinced I was on TV to see how helpful Americans were... but no! I walked to my car without being stopped my the reporter to ask me why I did what I did. Oh well. It was interesting watching the people as I tried to figure out whose phone it was. There were 3 teen girls that seemed to be walking really fast and somewhat panicked. I am sure it was their phone- or maybe there was just a really great sale at Abercrombie and Fitch! ha ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so honest! too bad you weren't on a show. oh well. it's been ages since i went to a Mall!